The Head of IT and Systems role is brand-new at REALTIME. We are looking for someone who can take complete ownership of our IT department and processes and help to keep us at the forefront of cutting-edge technology.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is currently in a Lead role and is looking to take the next step in their career, or for an existing Head to move into one of the most technology-driven industries out there - the VFX industry!
You will be responsible for the leadership of a growing IT team, the management and implementation of our technical and network infrastructure and will work to provide a roadmap for future developments across our two studios.
This role is perfect for someone who enjoys leading from the front, keeping up to date with the latest in technical advancements in the industry and who is happy to roll up their sleeves to manage the operational demands of the business.
- Proactive custodian of all IT infrastructure and department in REALTIME – ensure that all technology (both user and server) are working to specification, are well maintained, and ensure future proofing for both efficiency and reliability.
- Take ownership of faults and manage them in a logical and methodical manner, and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress efficiently.
- Department budgeting management and strategy roadmap development.
- Provide support and solutions for complex issues surrounding high performance server and networking architecture.
- Delegate 1st and 2nd line support for desktops and servers, hardware and software issues, network issues, and end user equipment such as laptops, tablets and smart phones.
- Escalate all unresolved cases to the Operations Director and to suppliers and vendors.
- Manage infrastructure upgrades – new software rollout, hardware refresh, and network equipment upgrade.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to keep on top of latest developments in technology.
- Represent the company at relevant external events (e.g. conferences, trade shows), and with relevant suppliers as required
- Edit and create scripts as appropriate to facilitate the automation of systems activities.
MUST HAVE SKILLS & QUALITIES: -
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills, and issue ownership.
- Advanced knowledge of 3rd line support – firewalls, Dell network switches, VLAN administration, virtualisation, and more.
- Experience with Backup solutions (Veeam).
- Knowledge of network and systems monitoring tools and procedures
- Knowledge of helpdesk ticketing systems
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Server 2012R2 & 2016R2.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft WDS or Desktop Central, imaging process, client/server patching with WSUS or Desktop Central.
- Knowledge of LAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Routing, SSL VPN.
- Knowledge of clustered storage (Dell Isilon)
- Thorough knowledge of one or more scripting languages such as Shell/Bash, Python, Powershell
- Knowledge of post-production workflows
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft MCSA or MCSE are a bonus.
- Knowledge of Hyper V and VMWare.
- Qualification in, or some experience with CCNA.
- An understanding of the technical hardware needs of VFX/CG projects at various stages.
- An understanding of visual effects pipelines and tools.
- Knowledge of 3D render farms and infrastructures.
- Knowledge of K8s, RHEL, Docker, GIT, Perforce.
- Knowledge of broadcast standards, colour science.
- OSI layer 3 Networking Knowledge.
PACKAGE/WHAT WE OFFER: -
- Fantastic, vibrant and creative work atmosphere with highly experienced production team.
- Excellent development studios both in Manchester city centre and Lancashire countryside.
- State of the art equipment, facilities and software.
- Collaborative and inclusive culture – real opportunity to work across multiple areas and grow.
- Competitive salary for the Northwest UK.
- Company pension scheme.
- Bike to work scheme.