REALTIME are on the lookout for a superstar VFX Production Assistant to join our growing Episodic TV team. We have a busy slate for 2022/23 and looking for a hungry VFX Production Assistant to get stuck into our juicy shows.
The position will be administrative support and engaging in production tasks for the team and across a number of really exciting projects. Reporting into the Head of Episodic TV and the Senior VFX Producer you will be the supporting a crew of a VFX Coordinator, VFX Producers, VFX Supervisors and talented VFX artists.
You will need to maintain clear concise communication within the Episodic team and work alongside them to help build on client relationships.
- Report into the Head of Episodic TV and VFX Producers
- Supporting the department with administrative, including team calendar organisation, booking meetings, and travel.
- Preparing paperwork for new crew joining the company, freelances and core staff.
- Research any required reference material or techniques for new and existing shows.
- Assist freelance artists with accommodation and travel.
- Note taking in meetings and review sessions
- Work alongside the VFX Producers to track assets and manage the workflow through the department using Shotgrid and Excel
- Ensuring Shotgrid projects status and task assignments are kept up to date.
- Assist the VFX Production team in organising dailies, rounds and project meetings.
- Making sure artists have all the correct elements, assets and briefing notes to work on shots
- Helping create bid documents in Microsoft Excel
- Good understanding of VFX processes, terminology, disciplines and/or experience of working in Episodic TV or Film drama production and/or post-production
- Basic understanding of Shotgrid advantageous but not essential
- Be pro-active
- Ability to listen
- Work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- Outstanding communication, essential (written and verbal)
- Working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel