We are looking for a Senior Lookdev TD to join our Episodic team here at REALTIME.
You will work closely with our VFX and CG Supervisors to help develop and craft a variety of Episodic projects.
We are looking for someone who can balance a project’s technical and creative needs, to create compelling high-quality textures, surfaces, and enders for complex shots for high-end photo-realistic visual effects.
• Work with the VFX Producers and CGI Supervisors to establish and further the look of the show's environments and/or characters.
• Develop shaders to cover a wide range of styles from stylistic to photorealistic.
• Maintain the quality and continuity of the art direction.
• Define technical requirements with the Look Dev team.
• Research new shader development techniques.
• Mentor, train, and assist junior Artists.
• Solve department problems and set best practices with the team lead.
• Shader optimization for memory and frame rate budgets.
• Work with the Production Department to meet deadlines and manage asset deliveries.
• Use proprietary pipeline tools to ensure each asset meets technical standards.
• Excellent knowledge of Houdini
• Shader development experience in the games or film industry
• Experience with Substance Painter/ Mari, Photoshop, Z-Brush or equivalents
• Experience with Maya
• Excellent knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Good understanding of rigging & animation
Must have skills and qualities
• Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas
• Excellent visual skills and high attention to detail
• Understanding of colour theory and how lighting affects color
• Experience with scripting and tool development
• Expert understanding of UV's and shading, texturing and look development
• Be fast, and organized, take direction well, and work with directors & supervisors
• Perform well under deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing different tasks to achieve the project goals.
Package/ What we offer
- Fantastic, vibrant, and creative work atmosphere with a highly experienced production team.
- Excellent development studios UK wide.
- State of the art equipment, facilities + software.
- Collaborative and inclusive culture with a real opportunity to work across multiple areas and grow.
- Medicash + Enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental Leave Pay
- Cycle to work scheme + an Electric and Hybrid Car Scheme
- Your Birthday off + One day off per year for volunteering or attending a Charity Event