As REALTIME’s Head of Games, you will be responsible for the effective day-to-day running of the Games Department and ensuring alignment to the overall studio strategic vision. As part of this role, you’ll be leading the Games Management Team and collaborating with the Senior Management Team, to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to a high quality standard, providing production management support and acting as an escalation point for issues. Working closely with Executive Producers to drive new business opportunities and develop new, and maintain existing Client relationships.
The Head of Games is responsible for championing a positive and productive culture of high performance, supporting REALTIME as an industry pioneer in CG Animation; be an advocate of diversity and inclusivity; attend industry events and act as an ambassador to promote REALTIME within the local Games community.
Department & People Management
- Be a strategic and inspiring leader for the Games Department that provides leadership and direction to the team, creating and embedding a culture where continuous improvement is embraced.
- Lead Weekly Production Meetings, Games BU Townhalls and contribute to studio Townhalls.
- Responsible for recruitment of permanent staff for the Games Department, collaborating with the Talent Acquisition Team and Games Management.
- Responsible for the pastoral care of your direct reports, including regular 1:1s and welfare check-ins when required, hours management, appraisals, working with the Head of Skills & Development on training, and provide input on appraisals for the rest of the Games Department, stepping in where needed.
- Ensure the highest possible utilisation of the Games Department by collaborating cross-studio to resource all projects effectively.
Strategic Vision & Growth
- Define, implement and manage a clear strategic vision for the Games Department year-on-year, using data to inform your objectives, including but not limited to ensuring a balance between pre-rendered pipeline and real-time cinematics.
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer for Virtual Production to enhance REALTIME’s VP services within the Games Department.
- Lead the business development for Games, collaborating with EPs to ensure that the projects coming in align with the long-term strategy, pitch material is of excellent quality, and bids are accurately and competitively priced, driving the success of new business/Client wins in the Games sector.
- Undertake frequent Client visits and represent REALTIME at industry events, with international travel anticipated.
- Develop existing Client accounts to preserve relationships and manage expectations, communicate requirements Client-side, and grow existing business where possible.
- Work with the Games Department, Studio Production Director, Senior Management Team and Marketing to identify innovative ways for how projects can be brought into the studio and delivered successfully.
- Work with the Games Department, Studio Production Director and Senior Management Team to manage and implement continuous improvement programs and production initiatives including identifying inefficiencies within the structure, workflows, pipeline and toolsets, and ensuring alignment with other Departments where appropriate.
- Work with the Financial Manager and Studio Production Director to ensure the Games Department is operating profitably.
- Keep up to date with industry development and tools.
Project Production Management
- Plan and structure project organisational structures for new and existing projects to ensure alignment with approved budget and technical and creative needs.
- In partnership with the Production Management Teams and Directors, oversee all projects running through the Games Department to ensure they are profitable and are completed to the highest standards achievable.
- Attend production meetings to triage issues and work with the Games Management Team, Department and Senior Management Team to support the issue escalation and resolution process.
- Collate project information to present daily and weekly status reports.
- Strategize with Senior Producers and Directors to offer recommendations for project needs, supporting with resourcing, pipeline and analysing show schedules to provide recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Ad-hoc and short-term production management support on newly awarded projects, potentially covering any of the required production management roles and responsibilities, where required.
MUST HAVE SKILLS & QUALITIES
- A self-motivated individual with a positive outlook who is open to transformation and continuous improvement.
- Forward thinking and confident in what you do
- Ability to work well in a deadline driven creative environment.
- Adept in prioritizing tasks from a varied workload with excellent organisation skills
- Perform well under deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment, prioritising different tasks to achieve business goals.
- Clear, confident communicator with strong presentation skills
- Friendly, approachable, energetic, personable, kind – a true people person
- A technical mind that picks up new tech quickly
- Previous experience in the VFX, Post Production or Production industries
- Previous operations and/or financial management experience
- Deeper understanding of the different departments within VFX; Lighting, Modelling, Compositing etc and pipelines including Unreal and Houdini
PACKAGE/WHAT WE OFFER
- Fantastic, vibrant and creative work atmosphere with highly experienced production team.
- Excellent development studios both in Manchester city centre and Lancashire countryside.
- State of the art equipment, facilities and software
- Collaborative and inclusive culture – real opportunity to work across multiple areas and grow
- Competitive salary for the Northwest UK.
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to work scheme